About the Candle Making Class
Candle, Diffuser & room mist making can be brilliant and daunting at the same time. We present the beginners candle, diffuser & room / linen mist making class in a light and informative 4-5 hour session. In this class, we discuss and share all the elements that is crucial in the above topics.
We cover the following topics:
- Different types of candle waxes, and their individual applications.
- Wax tempering, blend and pour temperatures.
- Wicks, sizes and how to select the right wick for the jar.
- Candle jars and selecting the correct jar for your candle.
- Fragrance Oils and Essential Oils, the difference and their individual applications.
- Step by step instructions and full demonstration for soy wax and paraffin candle making.
- Diffuser making ratios with full demonstration and instructions.
- Room & linen mist making, ratios and full demonstration.
- Candle Safety & troubleshooting.
- Finding the right products on the website.
- Q&A session.
- Nova Black jar with black gold lid x 1.
- 2 x 320ml thick wall clear tumblers.
- 2 x Mini terracotta candle jars.
- Applicable wicks.
- Soy wax x 1kg.
- Paraffin wax x 1kg.
- Stearic Acid x 500g.
- 1L Pouring jug x 2.
- Fragrance oil x 100ml.
- Iris Square Duffer Jar with wooden top x 1.
- Arum White jar with rose gold top x 1.
- Diffuser base oil 500ml x 1.
- Fragrance oil x 100ml.
- Natural rattan diffuser reeds x 16.
- 2 x Pipettes.
- Iris Iris Square Duffer Jar with misting spray head.
- Room & linen mist base oil 500ml x 1.
- 2 x pipettes.
- Please note to select one of the listed fragrances, IE if you select a fragrance category, we will pack according to the fragrance.
- Once you have placed your order, please indicate if you want the kit delivered, or receive it on the day. Normal courier costs apply.
- We do not sell any products on the day, and all products can be ordered via the website after the lesson.
College of Digital Photography, 91 Oxford Road, Saxonwold, 2196, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Time: 10am – 2pm ( Please arrive 30 mins prior to the class)
Safe parking is available at the venue. Coffee and tea included.
What to bring with:
- Any alternative jars you might want to use.
- 2 x Old dish cloths.
- 1 x Paper towel roll.
- Old newspaper to cover your desk with.
- Measuring spoons.
- Infrared Thermometer (if you don’t have one we will have on hand)
- Extra pouring jugs 1l or 2l fill volume. ( very important )
- Small funnel for diffuser pouring.
- Please arrive 30 mins before start time
- All students to have a applicable masks & visors.
- All students must bring their own sanitiser, we will have available at the door.
- Notify us if you cannot attend.
- Max of 10 students per class to ensure social distancing.