Limited Edition Soy Wax (Flakes) – 1kg
Create a smooth infallible soy candle with our limited-edition Soy wax flakes
*Printable instructions are available below.
This product is currently out of stock and unavailable.
and fill your cart
Choose Payflex at checkout
Get approved and
pay 25% today
with your debit
or credit card
Pay the remainder
Limited Edition Soy Wax (Flakes) – 1kg
Create a smooth infallible soy candle with our limited-edition Soy wax flakes. This is a low pour wax, and very easy to work with from beginners to advanced candle making. It offers good container adhesion, and smooth tops, with a reliable initial set and re-set
- Made from Soy
- Good fragrance tolerance for a soy wax (6-8%)
- Smooth Finish
- Medium container adhesion
- Medium hot and cold scent throw
Learn all about the terms we use to for candle making – Learn the Lingo
Product format: flakes.
Melt Point: Melting temperature 52°C
Suggested Heating Range: Range of heating 65°C – 75°C
Suggested Pouring Range: Pouring range 55°C – 60°C
Suggested Max Fragrance Load: 6-8%^ – this depends on the potency of the fragrance so testing is required.
Contents: 100% Hydrogenated Soybean Oil
Solid Form: Flakes Uses: Container Candles Only
How to Use
Download printable instructions:
LE Soy Recipe
INGREDIENTS for 1kg melted wax.
Measure out the ingredients using a scale.
- 1Kg Limited Edition Soy wax flakes
- Fragrance oil at 6-8% maximum. 60ml.
- Pre-selected applicable wick – consult the wick chart below.
- Colour flakes or pellets (optional)
- Bain Marie (double boiler).
- Digital Scale.
- Stirring popsicle sticks.
- Wick placeholder.
- Candle safe jar.
- Digital Thermometer.
- Cleaning cloths.
- Ensure that you work on a safe flat surface, candle wicks are firmly in place, and that the max fill line have been marked with a non-permanent marker to ensure that the jars are not over filled.
- Lay down a few pieces of newspapers, as pouring candles can sometimes be messy.
STEP 1 – MELTING
- The Pre-weighed Soy wax flakes should be melted in a Bain Marie double pot and should not be exposed to direct heat.
- Melt your wax over a low heat slowly to reach between 70-73℃. The wax will have a slight yellow and clear look, which is normal.
- Take care not to heat over 80℃ as this can influence the setting and performance of the wax. Overheated wax is very opaque in colour and can result in injury. It can also cause discolouration in the final product.
STEP 2 – ADDING FRAGRANCE AND COLOUR
- Add fragrance at 69-72℃ and stir gently for a minute.
- If adding colour, we advise to add it before the fragrance to ensure that the colour blends well with the wax.
STEP 3 – POURING
- Once your fragrance and colour has blended, and the wax has cooled down to approx. 50-55℃ it is ready to be poured. The wax will still have a slight milky appearance. If the wax is too cool, it will create cavities in the wax when drying the first pour.
- This wax does take longer to cool down to the pouring temperature. Take regular temperature readings.
- The beeswax powder will speed up the cooling proses slightly.
- The stearic acid does not speed up the cooling process.
IF TOPPING UP
This can be a single pour wax, but if a top up is required, follow the below steps.
STEP 4 – CURING AND TOP UP
- Allow wax to cure for 12 hours. This wax will take much longer to set fully.
If a Top Up is required:
- Warm up the remainder of the wax using a small Bain Marie to 54℃
- Top up the final layer of the candle at 48-50 degrees to the maximum fill line of your containers. Allow to set for another 12 hours.
- For very tall container candles, a half/ half pour would be required to prevent any sinkholes in the candle.
Important: Cure the candles for at least 7-10 days before use. And store in a cool dry space.
Wet spots may occur in this wax blend.
Please note: To ensure optimal performance, we strongly recommend first-time users conduct a test run on a small batch before using the wax in full-scale production.
Care & Caution
- Follow the step-by-step instructions as closely as possible.
- Ensure safety precautions when working with warm wax products.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Store made candles safely, away from direct sunlight.
Always label a candle with a warning label. – https://sacandlesupply.co.za/product/pre-printed-warning-labels/
Use the below as a guideline to wick correctly for this wax. Own testing is always required to ensure you select the correct wick with your wax. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING WOOD WICKS WITH SOY WAX DUE TO OVERHEATING THAT LEADS DISCOLOURATION.
|STB 8 X 1
|ECO 6 X 1
|STB16 X 1 or STB 18
|ECO 10 X 1
|Stb14 x 1
|ECO12 x 1
|STB22 X 1
|ECO12 X 1
|STB8 X 2 OR STB 22 X 1
|ECO14 X 1
|STB10 X 2 OR STB12 X 2
|ECO 16 X 1
|STB10 X 2
|ECO10 X 2
Download Supporting Documents:
The information provided is for general information purposes only. Whereas great care was taken to ensure accuracy and correctness it does not constitute a guarantee with regards to any particular product properties. It is the obligation of the user to check the products and their suitability for the purpose intended by the user. The Supplier reserves the right to change the information regarding the product covered within this page as may be necessary due to technical, production or other developments and requirements without prior notice. Full T&C Applies: https://sacandlesupply.co.za/terms-and-conditions/