Soap making is a natural follow on from candle & diffuser making.
If you’re just starting out with soap making, melt and pour soap can be an excellent choice. With melt and pour, you simply melt the soap base, then add your preferred colors and scents before pouring the mixture into a mold. It’s a fun and easy way to create unique and personalized soap creations without the hassle of making soap entirely from scratch.
What is Melt-and-Pour Soap?
Soap base, also known as melt-and-pour soap, is simply pre-made soap, made using the hot process method, with added ingredients such as propylene glycol, so that you can melt it down, add scent and colorants to, and let harden using your own molds. It’s an easy way to make customized soap at home without handling some of the more caustic chemicals (like lye) or purchasing safety gear.
This soap, can be melted down, fragranced and colored and then remolded into a beautiful soap creation.
- Easy to use
- It is cost effective
- All our ingredients are lab-certified
- You can be very creative and make all sorts of interesting designs
- The soap does not need a curing time – it is ready to use immediately.
- You can use fragrance oils or essential oils
- You can use mica or liquid colorants
- You don’t have to work with caustic soda/lye, but still have the satisfaction of creating a beautiful bar of soap
- Has a great lather and feels good on the skin.
- It’s not 100% natural as it contains ingredients such as propylene glycol and sodium laurel sulphate.
- You can not add any fresh ingredients such as juices, veggies or milk.
- You cannot use botanicals in the soap as it will turn brown and moldy (with the exception of calendula and cornflower)
- It has to be wrapped in plastic wrap/shrink wrap once the soap is made as it has a tendency to sweat (little drops of moisture form on the surface of the soap)
- Although a clear bar of soap is very pretty, it usually becomes a little cloudy when fragrance oil is added.
Melt and pour soap is a versatile, customizable, and gentle product that is perfect for anyone who wants to create their own custom soaps at home. With its endless possibilities for customization and its gentle, nourishing properties, it’s become a popular choice for soap-makers everywhere.