Spa Bar with Kaolin Clay, Activated Charcoal and Rose Essential Oil
When your skins feels like it needs some deep cleaning, but you still need to feel soft and moisturized… Make this bar!
Kaolin Clay & activated charcoal effectively cleans the skin, unclogs your pores and removes deep impurities. Rose Essential Oil helps keep the skin nourished and healthy, and will leave your skin looking bright, bouncy and luminous.
The perfect addition to your skin care routine! Make yours and let us know just how much you loved it!
Be sure to share your creations on Facebook & Instagram and tag us!
This recipe makes 4x 100g Rose Spa Bars
- 400g White Melt and Pour soap base
- 4ml Rose Essential Oil
- Soap Colourants (Micas): Rose Mica
- Kaolin Clay
- Activated Charcoal
- 10ml Sweet Almond Oil (or any other lightweight carrier oil)
You will need the following equipment.
- 2x Microwave/heat-safe jugs
- A metal/stainless steel spoon, chopstick, or popsicle stick.
- A pot to make a double boiler with (Bain Marie) You will place the jug in this, same as melting chocolate, alternatively a microwave
- 4x 100g cavity soap mould of your choice
- Infrared Thermometer
- Prepare your colour and clay: In a small container mix ½ teaspoon of Kaolin Clay with 1/8 teaspoon of Rose Mica with 5ml of Sweet Almond oil. Mix until it is completely smooth.
- In a separate small container, mix ¼ – ½ teaspoon of Activated Charcoal with 5ml Sweet Almond Oil. Mix until completely smooth.
- Cut your Melt and Pour soap base into roughly 1-2cm cubes.
- Weigh out 200g of the soap and place in the microwave in 15 second bursts until your base is completely melted.
- Add your Kaolin clay mixture to the soap and mix gently. Make sure everything is dispersed evenly.
- Now add 2ml of Rose Essential Oil. Mix gently and pour 50g into each of your 100g soap moulds.
- Spray the top with Isopropyl Alcohol and leave to set for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Now melt the rest of your soap base as per above process. Once everything is melted, add the charcoal mixture and the Rose Essential oil.
- Spray the tops of your moulded soaps with Isopropyl Alcohol and then pour the second layer.
- Finally spray again with Isopropyl Alcohol and leave to set for 2-3 hours or until hardened completely.
- Remove from mould and wrap with plastic wrap or shrink wrap. Your soap is ready to use or sell. Enjoy!